Sunday, June 24, 2012

Car Tow

On Route d'Azemmour, you can usually park on the street except when the Moroccan flags are flying which means the king is in residence. He has a palace on the beach in Dar Bouazza and another palace in Casablanca and probably others.

On this particular day Xavier had to get an x-ray, nothing serious, but anyway....So, I drove him to this area to get an x-ray. Parking is usually a problem. Lots of people were parked on the main street Route d'Azemmour, so I figured we'd be ok, but still I was a little nervous.

An hour goes by, I'm getting nervous. When we finally went outside, we saw all of the cars were towed. Sugar Honey Ice Tea! I see my car down the lane and directly behind it is a tow truck. Xavier yells, "you're being towed, run, run!" So, there I go, running away down the street, preparing to arm myself all of my feminine wiles available to use in negotiation with the driver.

By the time I got to the car, I saw that the tow truck that was about to tow me away actually broke down behind my car. Luckily, the tow trucks here appear to be from the 1950's, so they break down a lot. That day, I just got really lucky, so now I know to never park on that street again. It seems like it's the only street in Casablanca where they actually tow people.

Cheers!

No comments: